Welcome to Avenues New York, the first campus of Avenues: The World School.
The deadline to submit a Preliminary Application Form was December 6, 2021. We welcome applications after this date to be considered for any remaining openings following Regular Notification. Please scroll all the way down to review how to apply, learn more about our approach to admissions, and meet our team.
This spring, we will offer mostly virtual events to help families get to know Avenues. These virtual events are open to both inquiries and applicants. In the fall, we look forward to inviting applicant families to visit campus.
Also this spring, we will offer “It’s a Small World,” a limited capacity, in-person introduction to our Small World program for prospective families.
Applying to Avenues
A student admitted to one campus is admitted to all our campuses: New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen and Online. That means families with professional commitments in the United States, China or anywhere else in the world can provide their children with an Avenues education. In addition, students at all our campuses benefit from frequent collaboration with their peers in other countries, as well as opportunities to join Global Journeys programs and campus exchanges around the world.
Admissions Updates for the 2022-23 Academic Year (June 2022)
- The deadline to submit a preliminary application form was December 6, 2021. We welcome applications after this date to be considered for any remaining openings following regular notification. Please review this section and scroll down for more information on how to apply. Kindly note that we practice both highly selective and holistic admissions and that financial aid is quite limited following Regular Notification. Please reach out to the admissions team with any questions: email@example.com.
- Small World, our toddler program, is expanding.
- Small World 2s, for students two years old at time of entry, will add an additional classroom this fall. This has opened up some seats for our afternoon programs and we anticipate a small number of seats may become available for our morning sections in coming weeks. We encourage interested families to review the instructions below and submit their preliminary application forms as soon as possible.
- Small World 1s, a new pilot program, will run this fall for students 18 months of age at time of entry. This two-hour first school experience will be offered with 2-day, 3-day and 5-day options. We invite those interested to reach out to Faith Rosen with any questions and to register while seats remain: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A small number of openings currently remain in the Lower Division (grades 1–5). We encourage you to review the instructions below and submit your preliminary application form as soon as possible. The Early Learning Center and Upper Division are currently full, but we anticipate a small number of seats may become available in coming weeks. Like other top schools in New York, Avenues employs a waitlist through the summer and the start of the school year. We recommend that you apply as soon as possible and move through our application process quickly to optimize your chances of an admission offer. Our admissions team is always available to discuss your individual family circumstances and the possibilities of a late admission offer.
- Following a successful inaugural year, we are expanding the Campus Flex program for students in grades 6–12. Campus Flex combines the world-class academics of Avenues Online with in-person engagement at Avenues New York, enabling students to learn from anywhere at any time, while enjoying access to dynamic brick-and-mortar school experiences. We invite those interested to reach out to Joe D’Annibale with any questions and to apply: email@example.com.
Admissions for the 2023-24 Academic Year
While it may feel early, this spring is a perfect time to start your school search, and we have several virtual visit options to help you get to know Avenues. Our application for the 2023-24 academic year will go live in August and applicants will be invited to visit campus beginning in September. Each year, most applications for the following school year are submitted before November 1 with a majority of our newly enrolled families electing our first choice round.
Avenues New York is now test-optional. This means that students are not required to take and submit standardized tests for admission to Avenues. Applicants who do not submit test scores will be at no disadvantage in our holistic admissions review. At the same time, we will evaluate testing, in context, when submitted. Typically, students who submit standardized test results score above the 75th percentile, both overall and in each section of the test.
Application Round Choices
First Choice Round
We are pleased to offer an early round for families who have determined that Avenues is their first choice school. The first choice round at Avenues is binding. Families whose child is admitted under first choice round agree that their child will enroll at Avenues and withdraw their applications to other schools. Families applying for financial assistance are welcome to elect this round and will have earlier access to our generous but finite financial aid budget. As in regular notification, we aim to meet 100% of a family’s demonstrated financial need at time of admission.
Please note that a majority of open seats are filled each year via our first choice round. In addition to new families who have determined Avenues is their top choice, most siblings and colleagues’ children apply in this round to receive priority consideration. Applicants who are not offered admission in the first choice round may either be deferred to regular notification for additional consideration from the admissions committee or not offered admission, which is a final decision for the academic year.
Regular notification almost always follows the ISAAGNY calendar. Please aim to submit your preliminary application form and complete your application requirements well ahead of the deadlines. This will allow your family ample opportunity to schedule assessments and the parent conversation, request current school documents, and also have a chance to visit campus.
We welcome applications to be considered for any remaining openings following Regular Notification. Late Notification candidates with complete applications will receive admissions decisions following Regular Notification.
Preliminary Application Form Due
Application Completion Deadline
Preliminary Application Form Due
Application Completion Deadline
February 3 - March 3
See ISAAGNY calendar*
*The admissions committee will notify candidates for Small World, nursery, and pre-K on March 3, which follows ISAAGNY’s Above 34th Street, Bronx, Westchester, and New Jersey timeline.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Avenues New York seeks to build a student body that reflects the diversity of the great city we call home. For the 2021-22 school year, Avenues provided nearly $15 million in financial aid to over 340 students who qualified for need-based grants. Financial aid is typically available for Kindergarten through Grade 12. We aim to meet the demonstrated financial need of each admitted family at time of admission. However, please note that admission to Avenues is highly selective and we are unfortunately unable to admit all deserving candidates given our generous but ultimately finite financial aid budget.
We encourage you to consider Avenues even if you cannot afford the full cost of tuition, as you may qualify for need-based aid. In fact, we will waive the application fee if you are applying for financial aid.
Please select the grade that your child is applying for to view the application process and requirements.
- Select Grade
- Small World (Toddlers)
- Nursery, Pre-K and K (ELC)
- Grades 1-4
- Grades 5-8
- Grades 9-12