Program Experience Manager
New York, New York | Extensions
Location: New York, NY
Start: July/August 2022
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the planet. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and collaboration.
AVENUES GLOBAL EXTENSIONS
Many of the world’s greatest scientists, artists, athletes, and mathematicians got their starts early, while exploring and learning outside of the formal school day. The Global Extensions Department exists to develop the next generation of game-changers through an ecosystem of transformational learning experiences that connects campuses, accelerates learning, and makes the Avenues experience truly unique. These learning experiences span from toddler through twelfth grade and take place outside of the formal school day: after school, on weekends, during summer, on campus, off campus, at select global destinations, and online. Common to all these programs is that students enroll by choice, seeking to excel in their unique skills and interests.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Systems-thinkers, UX practitioners, and operations-focused instructional designers will excel as Program Experience Managers. Your mission will be to help operate, curate, and systematize a slate of learning opportunities that enable exploration, inspire curiosity, and prepare students for advanced projects and pursuits. This role is a great fit for educators with a solid operations skill set and for operations people with an inclination for learner experience design. Specifically, you will:
- Operate innovative, differentiated programs for after school, camps, online, international experiences, and for other opportunities as they arise, including, but not limited to, a focus on ages 3-12. You will help manage partner organizations, contract teachers, and Avenues teachers to ensure a quality family and student experience.
- Collaborate with teachers, partners, and other colleagues to develop and implement signature learning experiences that connect across campuses. You will join a global team of Program Experience Managers who help connect the Avenues ecosystem.
- Support translating education program goals and concepts into the details of logistics, operating procedures, action plans, schedules, and staffing.
- Leverage your drive for an optimal family experience to design and implement effective and simple processes for enrollment, arrival, dismissal, attendance, marketing, health and safety, facilities, parent communication, and others.
- Help adapt and iterate program offerings based on the evolution of strategic goals, family priorities, learning outcomes, and operational advantages and constraints.
- Contribute to shaping and executing a global strategy to make Avenues the most distinctive and desirable of any school.
YOUR EXPERIENCES INCLUDE SOME OR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
- Managed, trained, and coached partner organizations and individuals to ensure high quality learning experiences, especially in the areas of language immersion, play-based learning, interdisciplinary curricula, phenomena-based learning, and inquiry.
- Built schedules, managed projects, drafted communications, tracked data, and created effective standard operating procedures.
- Helped or lead the design a differentiated program, curriculum, or product, based on a deep understanding of the goals and student experience.
- Analyzed evidence to evaluate options, identify opportunities, and figure out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Applied experience design tools and principles to create processes and experiences
- Fostered relationships and led through influence with colleagues and families - ideally in English as well as another language
- Thrived in a start-up environment, learning new skills as needed and proactively identifying opportunities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses, including a well-defined career pathway
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Please read about Avenues: The World School and consider whether we are a good fit for you. Besides our website, check out Language Immersion, Avenues Global Journeys, Global Community and Avenues Mastery Academy.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role would be an excellent match for your experience, skills, and goals.
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply.