São Paulo, Brazil | Technology
Position: IT Support Assistant
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Start Date: January, 2021
The IT Support Assistant provides essential support of technology infrastructure including hardware, software, and office/classroom systems. The IT Systems Support Assistant must effectively diagnose issues and correct problems as well as provide the primary help desk support to end users with exceptional customer service.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
A top-tier school offering a truly global education opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and will be expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing technical issues with hardware, software, network and AV systems.
- Implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Track, prioritize and document requests using an IT support request system.
- Perform support actions and follow up solutions with the customer.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of hardware, software and systems.
- Perform equipment and system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge base of hardware, software and network
- When necessary, work with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
Knowledge & Experience Technologies
- Classroom technology maintenance/support
- Audio Visual Equipment (Projectors, Video Conferences Systems)
- Cloud-based services (Google Suite, Zoom, Slack, Dropbox)
- Systems account management (Active Directory)
- Connectivity (Meraki)
- Printer maintenance
- VoIP telecommunication system
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- College diploma or university degree or equivalent experience
- IT Certification will be a plus
- 2-3 years in similar role is required
- Mac OS Service and Mac OS Troubleshooting experience is required
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong initiative, and aptitude to make recommendations to management to enhance current environment as needed
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is neither a local school, nor an international school - we are a world school. We value and are respectful of the diversity of languages, race, gender and culture which is reflected amongst our staff. Our hiring reflects action for equal opportunity for all while appreciating that local context influences our focus for greater representation of racial diversity on our campus. We aim to interconnect different views and voices as we develop students to be world wise leaders. In your resume you may choose to declare your race, gender or any other identity that represents yourself if you wish.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.