New York, New York | Extensions
Title: Global Extensions Program Assistant
Location: New York, NY
Role Type: Full-Time
There is no school quite like Avenues: The World School. We are a network of campuses around the world that offers a truly global education in New York City, Online, São Paulo, Silicon Valley, and Shenzhen, expanding to the world’s leading cities in the coming years. With these interconnected campuses, Avenues is uniquely positioned to develop world-wise leaders equipped to understand and solve complex global challenges.
Avenues needs an organized and solution-oriented professional to support all functions of the newly created Global Extensions department. The vision of this team is to create a portfolio of strategically aligned opportunities that complement the core academic program and that enable students to grow and excel from toddler through twelfth grade. Imagine, for instance, a primary school student who starts with making edible play-doh after school, who takes a food science elective in eighth grade, and who ends up working on alternative protein sources through a program to Madagascar in high school. This is a role for someone who wants to support the creation of transformational learning outside of the typical school day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage office operations to enable a high-functioning and effectively run department. This includes monitoring and ordering office supplies, acting as the liaison for vendors and partners, and tracking payments and expenses.
- Improve existing processes for maximum clarity, efficiency, and success.
- Proactively reach out to and quickly respond to families and students so as to address requests and concerns, collect required program materials, manage enrollment, share program updates, and update contact information.
- Coordinate and arrange logistical preparation of events, trainings, and international travel.
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following qualifications and abilities:
- Proactively contributes, asks for help when needed, identifies problems and solutions
- Communicates clearly in writing and speaking, navigating close collaboration
- Organizes documents, project plans, and to-do lists with keen attention to detail
- Experience living or traveling overseas is a plus
- Familiarity with the independent school approach
- Comfortable with technology (Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, Zoom, etc.)
- Minimum of two years relevant work experience
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter with your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of reference and background checks.