San Jose, California |
Position: Associate or Assistant Director of Admissions
Location: San Jose, CA
Start Date: Fall 2022
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues Silicon Valley plans to open in San Jose, serving students from toddlers through high school. As the newest campus of Avenues: The World School, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility. From early childhood through 5th grade, students enroll in either Spanish or Mandarin language immersion, and across all grade levels, learning is project- and inquiry-based, with an emphasis on interdisciplinary study. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
As a member of a dynamic and highly collaborative enrollment team, this role ensures that Avenues Silicon Valley opens on Day 1 fully enrolled with well-qualified, diverse, mission-aligned students and families.
What You'll Do
As Associate or Assistant Director of Admissions, you will:
- Shape and execute a targeted recruitment plan to build a diverse pool of well-qualified applicants and ultimately meet or exceed enrollment goals
- Educate families on the unique value of an Avenues education in nuanced, compelling ways, and guide families through their journey from inquiry through admission and enrollment
- Identify “right-fit” students and families through careful, holistic review
- Ensure every family feels cared for and respected, regardless of admissions outcome
- Plan and execute high-quality recruitment and yield events that highlight Avenues' unique value
- Collaborate with local and global colleagues to tell the Avenues story and drive interest and demand
- Build strong relationships with feeder schools, community organizations, educational consultants and other potential sources of right-fit students and families
What You Bring
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in external-facing, people- and goal-oriented roles. Experience in admissions and/or the independent school landscape in the Bay Area are strong pluses.
- Expertise in early childhood, primary education, and/or language immersion is highly desirable
- Extraordinary relationship skills, particularly with families and students
- A near-fanatical commitment to delivering the best possible student and family experience
- A hands-on, adaptive, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle novel challenges
- A record of achieving and exceeding ambitious goals, especially through growth and change
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
- Compelling communication skills one-on-one, in public, and in writing in English; and even better, in Chinese as well.
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.