Operations Coordinator - Upper Division
New York, New York | Operations, Finance & Strategy
Upper Division Operations Coordinator
New York, NY
Why Work at Avenues?
There is no place quite like Avenues. We are a top-tier school in New York City that offers a truly global education, one that will expand to the world’s leading cities in the next decades. Our faculty bring widely diverse experiences, but we are all committed to creating a unique educational experience together. We foster a culture of creativity, entrepreneurship, and deep collaboration. We teach and learn through challenging interdisciplinary projects. And we offer unparalleled possibilities for professional learning prospects around the globe.
What You’ll Do
Avenues is seeking an Upper Division operations coordinator to join us on the New York campus. This position provides key project management and support to the Upper Division Operations team. The operations coordinator establishes and maintains positive working relationships with staff, parents and students, working collaboratively to solve problems and make decisions that enhance the effectiveness of the department. The operations coordinator communicates effectively, anticipating, understanding, and responding to the needs of all stakeholders.
As the Operations Coordinator, you will:
Design, execute and iterate on Upper Divisions operations projects, including
- Event planning (prom, graduation, etc.)
- Standardized testing
- Field Trips
- Liaising with Student Council
- Supporting student programming changes throughout the year
- Division wide events
- Student attendance
- Facilities management and work orders
- Supply ordering and teacher spending
Ensures the division office is a welcoming place.
- Ensuring the division office is a welcoming space, fully aligned with Avenues values and standards
- Serving as point of contact for all inquiries into the office
- All other duties as requested.
What You’ll Bring
- 1+ year of experience and proven track record in executing high quality program operations, processes and systems. Experience in schools is preferred.
- Tech-savvy, with experience implementing technology tools and systems to improve and simplify workflows and processes for the Avenues community.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success; rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Very organized and a strong project manager
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
To learn more and apply, visit http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Include a thoughtful cover letter with your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.