Finance & Accounting
Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Beijing, Avenues London, Avenues Doha. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking a Senior Accountant to join our China Finance Team in Shenzhen in handling all Avenues China’s accounting, reporting, ERP system maintenance, etc.
With a solid background in accounting and good working knowledge under both PRC and US GAAP, you will join a talented group of professionals who support the organization in all Controllership related areas. Your contribution would be mainly focused on ensuring the accounting and reporting with accuracy and in a timely manner, as well as maintaining the Workday finance modules from a configuration and integration perspective.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all AP, GL, Reporting, Tax and compliance related areas, supervising AR and Treasury on a routine base, leading the finance team on month-end close related matters, as well as supporting and working with our payroll service provider upon each payroll cycle. The candidate will also be the subject matter expert for Workday ERP finance modules and work closely with the China Controller on configuring changes in the system as well as on enhancing policies and procedures and internal controls to drive continuous process improvement.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is able to foster relationships by working collaboratively within the Controllership team as well as with payroll business partners and other functional teams.
- AP invoice processing and Business assets accounting.
- GL accrual and Intercompany transaction booking and reconciliation.
- TB review, Monthly closing and consolidation.
- US GAAP and Local GAAP reporting.
- Monthly and annually tax reporting and filing (VAT, CIT and Other Taxes).
- Annual Auditing and Enterprise Credit Publicity filing.
- Full support to other Finance functions, like treasury, AR and FP&A.
- Workday ERP system integrations, updates, enhancements, trouble shooting, training.
- Other Ad hoc initiatives and projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Financial and accounting background with at least 6 years' working experiences, multinational company preferred.
- Accountant certification is required, CPA preferred.
- Be familiar with both Local GAAP and US GAAP.
- Good Excel skills and proficient on English both written and spoken.
- Hands on experience with ERP system, Workday, Oracle or SAP.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.