Title: Communications Specialist
Role Type: Full-Time
Avenues: The World School is a top-tier school headquartered in New York and currently operates campuses in New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen and Online. Avenues offers a trulyglobal educationas one school with many campuses. Avenues Shenzhen opened in August 2019 and currently serves more than 250 students in our Kindergarten program (ages 2-5). The campus will be expanding to serve all grades beginning in the 2021–22 school year so the communications needs of the campus will also grow. At Avenues Shenzhen, teaching and learning happen through language immersion in both English and Chinese as well as challenging interdisciplinary projects. Our campus community fosters a culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration, with state-of-the-art technology throughout the campus. We are a community of talented and dedicated educators and colleagues who are passionate about learning and growth. There are unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development across the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
The communications associate position supports the director of communications in executing processes and protocols that result in effective and streamlined communications for the Avenues Shenzhen campus. This role acknowledges the dynamic and fast-paced nature of campus life and the vital importance of a strong communications program for faculty, staff and parents. The communications associate will support communications systems and workflows while translating, editing and publishing messages to exacting standards that embody Avenues’ style and approach.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in key areas:
- Support publishing workflows across a variety of platforms, including the weekly division bulletins, head of school letters, all-campus and division-level communications regarding health, security, events, campus programs, etc.
- Work closely with the director of communications to execute the communications calendar and project management
- Assist with translation from Chinese to English and vice versa for various communications
- Cross-reference and proofread information across a variety of channels and media to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Support and verify the campus calendar
- Collaborate with division, operations and experience teams to streamline campus operations and experience, keeping our community well informed.
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high-quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to help your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment
- Affinity for fast-paced work environments and campus life
- Excellent writing proficiency in both Mandarin and English
- Bilingual interpretation skills for live meetings is a plus
- Tech-savvy with experience in a range of publishing and data platforms, such as content-management systems and databases
- Highly organized, motivated self-starter and able to quickly take ownership of the role
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.