New York, New York, United States
Senior IT Systems Administrator
New York, NY
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York launched in 2011 and currently serves 1,550 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus in São Paulo will open in August 2018. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The Senior IT Systems Administrator is responsible for providing escalation and instructional support to local Systems Administrators. This selected applicant for this role will be the creator and owner of IT infrastructure documentation on a global scale. He/she will conduct routine maintenance of on premise servers, cloud services and network infrastructure across Avenues sites from our global office. The Senior IT Systems Admin will additionally have involvement in the testing of various IT initiatives and a provide a key role in site and/or global system projects. Lastly, he/she will assist on various network and system-related related responsibilities assigned by the IT Systems Engineer.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
The successful candidate will bring these proven abilities:
- Proactive service-orientation. Approaches challenges and requests with spirit of "yes" and provides excellent customer service that allows colleagues, campus and school s/he supports to be more productive and efficient. Predisposition to be helpful, thoughtful, and considerate.
- Provide first level escalation support to on premise Systems Administrators for software, system or network related issues.
- Troubleshoot, support and provide maintenance to all internal servers across Avenues sites as instructed by the Systems Engineer.
- Troubleshoot and support external services across Avenues sites (GSuite, Backupify, Dropbox, Adobe, ASM, Securly, Dyknow)
- Conduct local testing and implementation of Apple deployment strategies
- Coordinate with vendors, test and provide written feedback surrounding global system related projects and initiatives
- Provide high level MDM actions including custom package building, repository and caching management, custom automations, software patching and security configurations
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to drive ongoing improvements to better the IT environment and service provided to school.
- Document network and system procedures and processes to build technology knowledgebase.
- Other tasks instructed by the Systems Engineer or Vice President of Information Systems
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Bachelor Degree (or equivalent) in computer science or computer information systems
- Strong understating of macOS and iPadOS operating systems
- 2 years or more using the JAMF suite on an administrator level
- 2 years or more using the GSuite on an administrator level
- Experience with and firm understanding of Active Directory, LDAP and SSO
- Strong understanding of the TCP/IP model
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3 years or more working a senior technical role in an Apple environment
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Be sure to include a very thoughtful cover letter with your application.
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.