New York, New York, United States
Operations and Events Manager
New York, New York
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Think of Avenues as one independent school with campuses that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves 1,750 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018, and Avenues Shenzhen opened in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Avenues is seeking an Operations and Events Manager to join us on the New York Campus. The Operations and Events Manager ensures that all aspects of Avenues New York events are thoughtfully designed to exceed the expectations of attendees, well planned and flawlessly executed. As the Operations and Events Manager, you will:
- Lead the vision, curation, planning and execution of events, including major campus experiences and regular recurring campus activities
- Collaborate extensively across the campus with key partners, including campus leaders and the Avenues Parent Association, to ensure that all aspects of campus events are well planned, designed and exceptionally executed
- Apply user-centered design methods to campus events and experiences. Create journey maps, devise solutions, pilot and iterate.
- Maximize the utilization of our Avenues New York campus facility through analysis and creative programming
- Work closely with the director of operations and administration and the Avenues Parent Association to manage the ongoing success of S’cool store
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2+ years of experience in planning, designing, curating events (preferred)
- The ability to plan, design, and manage all creative relating to event needs while ensuring they are budget compliant.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success; rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Insanely organized in systems and personal organization; strong project manager
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
To learn more and apply, visit the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.