Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Strategy & Campus Development
Position: Project Manager
Reports to: Global Director of China Campus Development and General Manager
Location: Shanghai, China
Start Date: ASAP
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues: The World School as one independent school with many campuses around the globe that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves 1,550 students in grades nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018, and Avenues Shenzhen opened in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues China seeks a project manager to join as a key member of our Shanghai start-up team. The project manager will oversee all aspects of the school registration process in Shanghai. S/he will work closely with the government approval department and serve as the primary Avenues contact for all government officials, local partners and stakeholders.
What you will do?
- Identify, develop and prioritize the key activities and an associated workplan to ultimately successfully complete school registration by the anticipated deadline. This will require working closely with both internal and external cross-functional teams to accurately prepare required documentation and complete the necessary processes efficiently. Additionally, it will also be critical for the PM to keep all necessary local and international stakeholders closely looped as the start-up team makes progress towards each registration milestone.
- Process management
: Lead and manage the intricate details of the school registration process. Develop and execute a strong communication plan to gather necessary input, create structures for problem solving and inform stakeholders.
- Relationship management
: Establish and build trusted relationships with government officials, local partners and other. You will serve as the primary Avenues contact for all aspects of the registration process.
Who Are We Looking For?
You will bring:
- Exceptional abilityto build relationships.
High emotional intelligence, an ability to connect deeply with Chinese and international stakeholders; prior government relationship experience strongly preferred
- Proactivethinking. You can quickly develop
and recommend the most reasonable approach considering multiple factors i.e. stakeholders, efficiency, potential risks, long-term/short term gains and always stay ahead of anticipated needs.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
, including the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills in
English and Mandarin Chinese, to compellingly convey the unique value of an Avenues education.
- An ability to consult with associates/colleagues, contractors, vendors, and external stakeholders to understand, define and execute against all registration.
- A track record of overseeing and managing a multifaceted complex process or project
, especially in a growth or start-up context. School experience is not required but preferred.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial style,
eager to take initiative in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Keen intellectual curiosity,
with a mindset of continuous learning and growth.
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.