Messages from Avenues Shenzhen
Head of School Update | June 2022
Head of School Update | May 2022
Head of School Update | April 2022
Head of School Update | March 2022
Head of School Update | February 2022
Head of School Update | January 2022
Head of School Update | December 2021
Head of School Update | November 2021
Head of School Update | October 2021
Head of School Update | September 2021
Head of School Update | August 2021
Avenues Parent Association Bulletin | May 2022
Avenues Parent Association Bulletin | February 2022
Avenues Parent Association Bulletin | November 2021
Avenues Parent Association Bulletin | September 2021
Weekly Family Bulletin
Week of June 19, 2022
Week of June 12, 2022
Week of June 5, 2022
Week of May 29, 2022
Week of May 22, 2022
Week of May 15, 2022
Week of May 8, 2022
Week of April 24, 2022
Week of April 17, 2022
Week of April 10, 2022
Week of March 27, 2022
Week of March 20, 2022
Week of March 13, 2022
Week of February 27, 2022
Week of February 20, 2022
Week of February 7, 2022
Week of January 16, 2022
Week of January 9, 2022
Week of January 2, 2022
Week of December 12, 2021
Week of December 5, 2021
Week of November 28, 2021
Week of November 21, 2021
Week of November 14, 2021
Week of November 7, 2021
Week of October 31, 2021
Week of October 24, 2021
Week of October 17, 2021
Week of October 10, 2021
Week of September 26, 2021
Week of September 19, 2021
Week of September 12, 2021
Week of September 5, 2021
ADH Curricular Highlights
Small World | May 2022
Nursery | May 2022
Pre-K | May 2022
K | May 2022
Small World | April 2022
Nursery | April 2022
Pre-K | April 2022
K | April 2022
Small World | January 2022
Nursery | January 2022
Pre-K | January 2022
K | January 2022
Small World | December 2021
Nursery | December 2021
Pre-K | December 2021
K | December 2021
Small World | November 2021
Nursery | November 2021
Pre-K | November 2021
K | November 2021
Small World | October 2021
Nursery | October 2021
Pre-K | October 2021
K | October 2021
Small World | September 2021
Nursery | September 2021
Pre-K | September 2021
K | September 2021
APA General Committee Meetings
- May 27, 2022
- March 25, 2022
- February 25, 2022
- January 21, 2022
- December 10, 2021
- October 29, 2021
- September 17, 2021
- June 4, 2021
- April 30, 2021
Avenues Parents Association
General Committee (GC) Meetings Minutes
Date: May 27, 2022
Time: 14:00 ~ 15:30
Venue: Room 300, A12 Building
Meeting called to Order:
The meeting was called to order at 14:00 by the President and agenda presented.
Roll Call of Officers and Members
- Officers Present:
- Qing RUAN, President
- Adair ZHOU, Secretary
- Xiaozhen YAO, Treasury
- Members Present:
- Donald McMillan, General Committee Member
- Qiong YI, General Committee Member
- Yan FANG, General Committee Member
- Gumohuan WANG, General Committee Member (Online)
Campus Team In Attendance:
- Ted Faunce, Head of School
- Richard Pratt, Incoming Head of School
- Matt Scott, Head of Secondary Division
- Angela Xu, Head of Kindergarten and Primary Division
- Angela Tung, New Head of Kindergarten
- Qing Meyerson, Director of Administration and Operations
- Kiki Xiang, Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
- Joanne Jiang, Director of Communications
Adair ZHOU, Secretary of APA
Approval of Last Meeting Minutes
- Minutes of the April meeting was approved unanimously.
- To host a Parent Growth Workshop and invite external experts on education for keynote speech
Community Appreciation Event
- Alcohol will only be served after the performance of students
- Gift will be presented to the school’s security team
A19 Building Progress
- A19 Building meets the highest standard within Avenues’ global campuses so far.
- Air Quality Inspection: progress update will be shared in the Head of School Newsletter on May 27.
- Tours of the building can be arranged before drop-in days.
2022 ~ 2023 School Calendar
- Winter break & New Year’s Day holiday: one week off
- Chinese New Year holiday: three weeks off
- Spring break: one week off
- Last instructional day: June 30
Students Placement in the new School Year
- Criteria: gender, birthday, friendship, class dynamics, stage of growth.
- Nursery and above: all students will be mixed.
- Teachers generally don’t teach the same class in the new school year.
- Placement notification to be sent in August.
- Due to cut-off date, there will be one K+ class. Open for students who have completed kindergarten and whose birthday is September and October.
- Primary Division
- Students will be mixed with considerations on birthday and grade.
- New students will be mixed with returning students.
- Teaches will be mixed.
- # of classes
- 1st Grade: 4
- 2nd Grade: 3
- 3rd Grade: 2
- 4th Grade: 2
- 5th Grade: 1
- Junior Secondary Program
- There will be language supplementary program to be held with personalized support given to students in needs.
- # of classes: 2 classes for each grade.
- Upper Grade Program
- # of classes: 1 class for each grade.
- Closing remarks were made by the President and Officers.
- Next meeting will be held on June 17.
No further business being had, the meeting was adjourned.