Shenzhen, China | Shenzhen Campus
Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen opened in Fall 2019 and is now expanding to serve all grades from toddler through 12th. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
The Executive Assistant to the Head of School at Avenues Shenzhen is critical to the overall success of campus operations. The Executive Assistant ensures that the Head of School’s time and attention are focused on the most important priorities, that communication into and out of the Head’s office is professional, timely and seamless, and that the many inevitable issues that arise every day in a school are solved efficiently and gracefully. The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for faculty, staff, students, parents and visitors who are meeting with or contacting the Head of School.
The Executive Assistant reports to the Head of School and has a dotted line report to the manager of compliance for compliance related support.
Scheduling and Prioritization
- Implement an effective scheduling process, ensuring that the Head of School’s (HOS’s) near-term and longer-term priorities are addressed. Review calendar on a daily and weekly basis to ensure that meetings scheduled are aligned to the near-term priorities and ensure that appropriate work blocks are scheduled where necessary. Ensure that all calendars managed are kept up to date and clear of all conflicts. The Executive Coordinator/Assistance will confirm that all events have location or dial-in information and preparation materials are flagged in advance. Additionally, s/he will clearly communicate HOS’s availability to others and structure his time thoughtfully.
- Seamlessly manage travel logistics for leaders from HQ and CLT in China, by working closely with our travel agent(s) and preferred hotels to ensure colleagues have updated detailed itineraries complete with all necessary information (addresses, phone numbers, reservation confirmation # etc.) in advance of each business trip.
- Ensure effective Office Operations. This includes monitoring and ordering office supplies, acting as the liaison for vendors and local partners, managing and tracking payments and expenses etc.
Internal Coordination and Communication
- Assist in the planning of team meetings and retreats to maintain a positive momentum at Avenues Shenzhen: support workflow, ensure clear action items are agreed, and follow-up to deliver progress to HOS.
- Coordinate a wide range of administrative activities, such as preparing expense reports for HOS, managing marketing and communications documents, monitoring Avenues Shenzhen WeChat accounts. Additionally, pre-reviewing all documents that require HOS approval for accuracy and completion to facilitate efficient and timely approvals.
- Partner effectively with Campus Service Team on projects that support Avenues Shenzhen (e.g., parent events, media gatherings, retreat and meetings planning and execution) as well as ad-hoc support to other members of the Avenues Shenzhen Leadership Team as capacity allows.
In collaboration with the manager of compliance,
- Assist with documents preparation.
- Provide support with maintaining and completing the daily compliance work; including checking and receiving notices, submitting materials, and timely communicating with various teams.
- Coordinate the logistical preparation of inspections and visiting.
- Be flexible to provide immediate support when urgent needs come up
- Manage special projects as directed by the Head of School – examples include: assisting with logistical planning for summer faculty and staff onboarding, coordinating offsite events, implementing culture-related initiatives at Avenues SZ. These will require effective coordination and collaboration with a range of HQ and campus-based stakeholders.
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following qualifications:
- Fluent in Chinese & English (written and spoken)
- Impeccable organizational skills and be an efficient multi-tasker
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and a go-getter drive
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work strategically and collaboratively across varying departments
- Proven ability to manage up effectively with senior management
- Prior experience in project management is a major plus
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and openness to rolling up sleeves to get things accomplished – without fail!
- Ability to establish confidence with senior executives and to influence change.
- Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
- Can maintain extreme confidentiality and discretion
- Comfortable with technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Zoom, Outlook etc.)
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.