New York, New York | Creative
Position: Production Lead
Location: New York, NY
Start: Winter 2021-2022
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Begin by thinking of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses- Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology, and a talented headquarters team in New York. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The NY Production Lead is responsible for executing video and photography production from development through approval at our New York campus. One-part Cameraperson/DP; one-part editor; one-part producer. Deliverables include video, digital photography for marketing campaigns, internal communications and virtual or in-person events.
The production lead will help identify and collaborate with outside vendors when support is needed. They’ll also be responsible for supervising and supporting freelance support and internal assistants and colleagues in order to meet Avenues’ style and standard. The production lead will be responsible for maintaining Avenues production equipment and recommending new equipment for purchase each year. The production lead will be expected to be able to edit both self-produced content as well as potential content needs from across campuses and be able to integrate simple graphic animation and design elements for video into final outputs. The production lead will have a willingness to learn and utilize new skills across the range of production streams for application to content across the Avenues ecosphere. The ideal candidate should have at least 8+ years of relevant experience in the documentary and/or commercial field.
The New York production lead reports to the New York Director of Content and Events locally and will interface with the Global Creative Director, Director of Global Content and Head of Post-Production in HQ’s New York office when necessary. The Production Lead will also have the opportunity to travel should certain productions or initiatives require it.
- Oversee and execute video and photography production and post-production
- Manage/supervise outside vendors on a project to project-basis
- Manage/maintain in-house production equipment
- Aid in event production and coordination when needed, particularly those events that require multi-media expertise.
WHAT YOU BRING
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, being comfortable in ambiguous situations that require new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- High Standards and Attention to Detail, Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Project management skills, to move complex projects forward on schedule and keep multiple people aligned and on track.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite including Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Proficient in DSLR and prosumer camera operations and techniques- keeping up to date with latest camera, lensing and peripheral equipment and its application to documentary and commercial styles of production- interview, verite, greenscreen.
- Proficient in simple lighting techniques for interviews, verite and greenscreen production.
- Flexible Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with change.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Include a cover letter in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.