Shenzhen, China | Admissions
Position: Associate Director of Admissions
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start date: ASAP
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen
opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program, and is now planning to expand to serve all grades from toddler through 12. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
Avenues is a highly respected, global independent school that has attracted top talent from around the world to further its unique identity as a World School. As a member of a dynamic and highly collaborative enrollment team, this role ensures that Avenues Shenzhen is fully enrolled with well-qualified, diverse, mission-aligned students and families.
What You'll Do
As Associate or Assistant Director of Admissions, you will:
- Shape and execute a targeted recruitment plan to build a diverse pool of well-qualified applicants and ultimately meet or exceed enrollment goals
- Educate families on the unique value of an Avenues education in nuanced, compelling ways, and guide families through their journey from inquiry through admission and enrollment
- Identify “right-fit” students and families through careful, holistic review
- Make every family feel cared for and respected, regardless of admissions outcome
- Plan and execute high-quality recruitment and yield events that highlight Avenues' unique value
- Collaborate with an innovative global Experience Team (of creative, communications, and marketing) to tell the Avenues story and build a superb family experience
- Build strong relationships with feeder schools, community organizations, educational consultants and other potential sources of right-fit students and families
What You Bring
- Several years of relevant professional experience
- Extraordinary relationship skills, particularly with families and students
- A near-fanatical commitment to delivering the best possible student and family experience
- A hands-on, entrepreneurial approach, eager to roll up your sleeves and tackle challenges
- A record of achieving and exceeding ambitious goals, especially through growth and change
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
- Exceptional ability to communicate compellingly one-on-one, in public and in writing
- Fluency in Mandarin and English
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.