San Jose, California | Experience Design
Position: Events Manager
Location: San Jose, CA
Start Date: January 2022
Avenues | The World School is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues Silicon Valley
Avenues plans to open its Silicon Valley campus in San Jose for the 2023 academic year, serving students from nursery through 9th grade. As the newest campus of Avenues, Avenues Silicon Valley will be the first global school in the Bay Area, providing students with transformative, world-focused learning experiences in a state-of-the-art educational facility.
This is a chance to join the small but mighty Silicon Valley Campus startup team, who will set the tone, culture, and direction for the newest latest Avenues campus. As events manager, you will play an essential role in creating compelling experiences for prospective families and community partners. In collaboration with the Director of Content & Events and other team members, you will get to shape and realize a wide variety of those experiences, leveraging your creativity and organizational chops to bring virtual and in person events to life.
- Over the past several years you’ve had the opportunity to plan and execute a variety of events and you want to continue to master the art of event planning
- You think of and notice every detail. No single element of an event goes unnoticed or unattended to when you’re on the job
- You are a nimble problem solver: you think and act fast on your feet. You are super cool under pressure
- You have systems for your systems: you are insanely organized and rarely drop balls.
- Collaborating with and organizing teammates energizes you. You are known for playing well with others
- You have a way of helping everyone in attendance feel welcome and taken care of: from before they arrive to after they’ve left and everything in between
- You’re compelled by our mission to develop the next generation of world-wise leaders, uniquely equipped to solve global scale problems
- Create and manage the annual Avenues Silicon Valley events calendar in service of the optimal enrollment goals of the campus
- In close collaboration with Admissions and the Director of Content & Events, serve as the primary event producer on the Silicon Valley campus managing every aspect of event production: from lanyards to lighting and everything in between.
- Partner with global and local creative and communication team members to develop collateral materials in support of events.
- Source, negotiate with and manage all event contractors and vendors required to implement high quality events, holding them accountable to deliver with quality and consistency.
- Create and manage event budgets
- Develop and track KPIs and a simple system to assess and continuously improve event experiences and to transform data into actionable insights
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org. Please include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.