Online (any location)
Research & Development
Learning Management Systems Support Specialist, Avenues Online
Start: Summer 2021
Avenues | The World Schoolis on a mission to change the world through education. Founded in 2010 with the vision of becoming one school with many campuses, Avenues now has physical campuses in New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen, and a virtual campus, Avenues Online. Together, these campuses form one transformative, interconnected learning community preparing students to become engaged global citizens and worldwise leaders.
Avenues Onlineprovides a world-class education, online. AON offers a singular and international community of scholars from over 25 countries, a purpose-built learning platform using best-in-class technology, flexible scheduling, and access to the Avenues global ecosystem. In Great Works, the core curriculum for toddlers to 12th grade, students collaborate on interdisciplinary projects in humanities, social sciences, and STEAM fields to make purposeful connections to past, present, and future global issues. As at every Avenues campus, students are challenged to take ownership of their learning from a young age and to develop the critical and creative thinking skills necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems.
Avenues Online is positioned to scale significantly in the next few years. This growth will offer an exceptional, world-focused education to hundreds more students and families, while cementing AON's reputation as an extraordinarily desirable and globally relevant education. To support this growth, the Learning Management Systems Support Specialist will create and manage the systems necessary to deliver and support the hardware and software that students all over the world will need so that they can receive a world class online education and an excellent user experience.This role works closely with the Avenues Onlineand Research and Developmentsoftware development teams, as well as the global information and technology teams across Avenues.
What You'll Do
- Lead the creation of policy and implementation around device selection, application configuration, ordering, distribution, delivery, and support.
- Optimize the learner experience by reducing the number of steps/logins required to utilize systems while contributing applications/features that add value.
- Design and document essential processes.
- Manage technical support team for Avenues Online.
- Communicate with school leadership, faculty, and families, as needed, to ensure a continuously improving experience for all stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Global IT and IT groups from other campuses to ensure alignment on key policies, technologies, and legal requirements.
What You Bring
- Experience with learning management systems (LMSs) and student information systems (SISs).
- Strong general computing, networking, and troubleshooting knowledge and skills; computer lab experience a plus.
- Familiarity with content filtering policy and implementation, specifically Apple’s Screen Time
- Ability and comfort to support staff and families with troubleshooting bandwidth issues and resolving technical problems
- Basic understanding of media creation and hosting (e.g., video on Vimeo).
- Strong general understanding of Mac and iOS, and familiarity with Windows and Android OSs.
- Familiarity with Bring-Your-Own-Device-type delivery and support models.
- Experience with IT support in education environment.
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website, www.avenues.org/careers. Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.