New York, New York
Upper Division (New York)
Position: Part-Time School Psychologist or Mental Health Counselor (Grades 6-8), Upper Division
Location: New York, NY
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Avenues: The World Schoolis a top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, that will expand to some of the world’s leading cities in the next few years. Teaching and learning happens through dual language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity and collaboration, along with state-of-the-art technology, pervade the school. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, create a unique educational experience together.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. This role joins the student success team, which works closely with faculty, administrators and families to support our students' learning and emotional health. This intense collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
As a member of Student Success Team, you will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for all students to thrive and feel known and cared for;
- Drive student success across all grades, by helping to develop individualized learning plans for students who need them, to support each student to learn through meaningful, engaging work and to contribute to creating strategies for supporting specific needs that are identified as being common to a larger group of students;
- Maintain anecdotal records that yield useful data for teachers, SST team, parents and outside resources to support students;
- Provide 1-1 or small group social-emotional supportto students with identified social-emotional needs;
- Follow up with outside professionalsand coordinate support for students with the SST team, teachers and deans;
- Work with faculty and deans to develop a curriculum that addresses the social emotional needs of students at each grade level
- Be an effective communicatorusing data and objective measures when talking to faculty and parents;
- Be an exemplary learner,always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve.
You bring all or most of the following:
- Superb ability as an educational psychologist or mental health clinician with more than 3 years of experience preferred;
- Degree in psychology, social work, or related field required
- Professional experience in a school or similar setting preferred, experience working with adolescents required
- Deep understanding of child development from adolescents to young adults;
- Very strong clinical skills, to identify, evaluate and provide services to students with a range of mental and emotional health needs
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of continuous learning and growth;
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the success of students and teachers.
Apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues New York would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo