Shenzhen Shi, Guangdong, China
Primary Division (Shenzhen)
Position: Lead Teacher, English,Primary Division - Avenues Shenzhen
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2020
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York, Sao Paulo, Shenzhen and offering a truly global education, will expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do given that our students in grades N-5 alternate their days between their Chinese and Target Language classrooms.
- Teacher teams composed of English and Chinese teachers share two classes of students
- Teacher teams share responsibility for teaching curriculum that promotes their students’ social, emotional and academic growth in both languages.
- Given this structure teacher teams communicate daily to plan lessons and discuss student progress
- Additionally teachers collaborate with fellow grade-level and language colleagues during weekly meetings.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to design learning outcomes, monitor growth, and thoughtfully address individual student needs.
- Design innovative curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful and challenging work that cultivates real-world problem solving skills and develops social responsibility
- Deeply connect with students, colleagues and parents to vigorously uphold a culture of welcome, safety and respect.
- Invoke a robust learning atmosphere that leads students to deeply value being at school and feel part of a rigorous and joyful learning community.
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
WHAT YOU BRING
- At least 5 years of teaching experience in Primary division with a proven track record of student learning
- Strong understanding of and instructional skills teaching through a balanced literacy approach in the reading and writing workshop model
- Experience with problem-based mathematics instruction
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Deep dedication to learning and growing as an educator
- Eager to embrace change and consider new perspectives
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Professional fluency in English or Mandarin Chinese; if Chinese fluent, proficient in English
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Candidates with diverse backgrounds encouraged to apply
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities, like a well-defined career pathway and chances to teach abroad
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Visit the Careers section of the Avenues website at http://www.avenues.org/careers/. Apply with your resume and a thoughtful cover letter, in English, that speaks to your fit for this role at Avenues.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo