San Jose, California, United States
SV - ELC
Position: Associate Division Head, Early Childhood (Grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: San Jose, California
Start Date: 2020 or 2021 - flexible
Avenues is on a mission: changing the world through education. This is more than a platitude for us. With interconnected campuses under development in leading cities around the world, Avenues is uniquely positioned to develop world-wise leaders equipped to face and solve the future's complex global challenges. Avenues’ newest campus plans to open in the Silicon Valley in August 2021 with grades nursery through 9th grade.
Avenues seeks a daring, future-wise educator, whose personal mission aligns with ours, to join us as an Associate Division Head for the Early Learning Center in our Silicon Valley Campus, slated to open fall 2021 in San Jose. The ADH will join a talented leadership team who will work the head of the Early Childhood Center to ensure that the Avenues division is an extraordinarily engaging place to work, a laboratory of deeper learning for all, and a thriving community.
ABOUT THE DIVISION
The Early Learning Center at Avenues is a laboratory of joy, discovery, and exploration. Children learn primarily through play, and our role as educators is to help foster a love of learning that young children will carry with them as they move upwards through school. Collaboration is woven into everything we do. Teams of English and Spanish or Chinese teachers share two classes of students, collaborating to nurture their students' social, emotional and academic growth. Teacher teams share responsibility for the curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
As Associate Division Head, you will:
- Ensure and support faculty success: the teachers you lead feel deeply engaged and effectively supported to impact students, develop professionally, and thrive.
- Nurture teachers' engagement: faculty consistently feel trust, connection, belonging, and clarity, leading to a deep sense of engagement and fulfillment
- Support teachers' impact: ensuring that students are continuously progressing in developmentally appropriate ways differentiated for their unique needs
- Be a divisional and organizational leader, serving in a leadership team with shared ownership for the success of the division and of Avenues as a whole.
- Enable innovation, by nurturing an environment in which faculty take risks and improve on existing practices
- Nurture a thriving culture of trust, learning, innovation and shared purpose among the whole community of adults (faculty, staff and parents) and students
- Help build exceptional teams of faculty through effective coaching, feedback, hiring and assessing faculty growth and impact
- Collaborate intensively with diverse colleagues - such as faculty, other ADHs, and staff to effectively support Avenues students and the community
- Lead projects, take on new challenges, and generally be an "all-in" leader who's in this to create a whole New School of Thought
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You bring all or most of the following:
- Unparalleled zeal for transforming education, and for changing the world
- Intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth with an innovative, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than following established paths
- Superb ability as a teacher and leader of instruction including a deep understanding of child-centered ECE philosophy, early childhood development, social/emotional development as a cornerstone, family/school partnership and exemplary classroom practice
- Appreciation for learning differences, special needs, varied sensory profiles, and the richness that a neurodiverse community brings to a school
- Relationship builder who develops (and coaches teachers on how to develop) authentic, caring and productive relationships with students, parents, faculty and staff and with Exemplary ability to create and sustain circles of communication with all educational stakeholders
- Skillful at working across lines of difference in an intercultural team and an appreciation for the unique value and challenge of language immersion education
- Management ability with a track record of leading and coaching teams in which teachers are engaged in their work, constantly growing and accomplishing great things together
Learn more at https://avenues.org and apply through https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a cover letter in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Silicon Valley would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo