Director of School Security
Start: Spring or Summer 2021
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program, and is now planning to expand to serve all grades from toddler through 12. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program, and is now planning to expand to serve all grades from toddler through 12. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
The Director of School Security ensures a warm, welcoming and safe environment for students, colleagues and families by managing the security, risk management, fire safety and emergency preparedness of Avenues Shenzhen. The director will build trusting relationships with our families, staff, local police and government officials. He/she will lead a team that ensures school spaces are safe for all members of our community, develop and enforce thoughtful safety procedures, and work to continuously improve our safety and security practices.
Lead the school security team and develop a culture of safety:
- Manage security vendor and personnel to ensure highest quality services and integrate with the culture of Avenues
- Hire, train and manage safety personnel to properly manage risk while upholding a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere
- Collaborate to build a culture where all members of the campus team are involved in actively managing risk related to safety and security
Guarantee smoothly functioning school safety systems:
- Develop comprehensive safety procedures and ensure they’re understood by all members of the school community
- Ensure school spaces comply with all safety requirements per school and governmental policies at all times
- Develop guidance for school leaders on how to maintain safety and ensure security personnel are well-equipped to provide them with ongoing support
- Proactively identify areas for improvement to safety precautions and resource solutions appropriately
10+ years of professional experience in the safety & security field, with increasing responsibility over time
- Experience hiring and managing safety teams that deliver exceptional service to clients
- Understanding of local regulations related to school security preferred
- Track record of developing and implementing safety and risk management plans, strategies and procedures in educational or other people-centric organizations
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking pre-determined paths to success
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Ability to lead through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese, with high proficiency in English
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience in international and/or private schools is a plus
Learn more and apply athttps://www.avenueschina.cn/zh/careersor www.avenues.org/careers. Include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why this role would be an excellent match for you. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Diversity, Inclusion and Safeguarding
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo