São Paulo, Brazil | Primary Division (São Paulo)
Position: Avenues Intern Program - (Grades N-5)
Location: São Paulo
Start Date: January, 2022
Begin by thinking about Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues London. Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. At Avenues, no one teaches on an island. Substantial time to collaborate is embedded into the schedule. Teacher teams, across multiple disciplines, design learning experiences together for a whole grade level. This intensity of collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Avenues Intern Program (A.I.P) is a two-year on-site teacher preparation program that offers early career educators the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a Primary Division language immersion setting for them to follow a path in any school setting. Interns collaborate closely with grade-level colleagues in all aspects of classroom life and beyond. In addition to their classroom work, interns will participate in bi-weekly meetings where they explore issues essential to primary education and discuss how these issues are playing out in our classrooms. These meetings also offer interns the opportunity to share and reflect upon their experiences, thereby gaining new perspectives. In your role, you will:
- Support class and specialist teachers to develop and teach engaging, creative curriculum and lessons, aligned with Avenues expectations and approach
- Support the day-to-day functioning of the class and school
- Collaborate closely with a team of teachers responsible for classes of students
- Participate actively in ongoing professional learning
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Desire to learn early childhood and elementary teaching foundations and best practices in an immersion setting
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Superb ability to collaborate with colleagues to achieve goals
- Currently studying toward a teaching degree in a Brazilian university, either in primary education (pedagogia) or another subject (licenciatura)
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.