Avenues Extended Learning provides dynamic learning experiences beyond the school day. We offer a range of programs, courses, workshops, leagues and camps to complement the Avenues experience and empower students to become architects of lives that transcend the ordinary.
Our online extended learning programs are open to all families, both at Avenues and beyond.
Life-changing experiences on multiple continents
Immersion in another culture, language and society is the most direct way to cultivate global citizens who are at ease beyond their borders. Avenues’ international programs are designed to push students beyond their comfort zones, empowering them to develop the skills and perspectives necessary to understand and solve global-scale problems. By making authentic and personal connections to other cultures, students expand not only their worldviews, but also their own definitions of themselves.
- 2-3 week experiential education programs for middle and upper grades students in countries in Latin America, Europe, Asia or Africa, structured around a particular theme or research topic.
- Programs run during Spring Break, Minimester and Fifth Term.
- Past programs have included Buddhism in China, sustainability in Uruguay and art history in Italy.
- Exchanges with Avenues’ campuses in São Paulo, Brazil and Shenzhen, China.
- Opportunities to study on other Avenues campuses and live like a local in a vibrant world city.
- Programs often include homestay experiences with Avenues families.