New York, New York | Technology
Position: IT Systems Administrator
Location: New York
Role Type: Full-Time
A top-tier school from New York City, offering a truly global education, opening in São Paulo in August 2018 and expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
The Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation and support of infrastructure including the wireless network, on premise servers and cloud services that serve the Avenues New York campus. They must effectively diagnose issues and correct problems as well as provide the escalated help desk support to end users with exceptional customer service. He/she will proactively provide documentation, backup, and support to ensure the infrastructure and systems are operating smoothly and work closely with the Director of Technology and Director of Infrastructure Systems to achieve agreed departmental goals. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of defined technical projects within their assigned expertise.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
- Diagnose and resolve tier 3 escalations related to hardware and software issues within the New York macOS / iPadOS device fleet.
- Produce internally facing technical notes and externally facing communications via e-mail, slack and other channels related to network, server, or cloud service outages.
- Provide oversight and support with onboarding/offboarding procedures, equipment provisioning, account set-up automations.
- Maintain technical documentation of hardware, software, and systems.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future computer hardware needs.
- Actively contribute to ongoing process improvement.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Provide tier 1 network support and management to fulfil any planned or unexpected needs within both Avenues New York Campuses.
- Provide front end server management tasks on all on premise infrastructure servers including: DNS, DHCP, Active Directory,print, proxies, application monitoring, POS, repositories, NVRs etc.
- Perform patching, monitoring and backups of all on premise infrastructure servers.
- Track, prioritize, and document both local and global projects on a recurring basis.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Firm understanding of MacOS and iPadOS operating systems
- Firm understanding of TCP/IP
- 3-5 years in similar role
- Apple certified (ACSP, ACMT, ACTC)
- JAMF certified (200,300)
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong initiative, and aptitude to make recommendations to management to enhance current environment as needed
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.