New York, New York | Technology
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking a website administrator to join the information systems & technology team. You will support the build-out and maintenance of Avenues websites and participate in design and development of new features and functionality.
- You are a jack of all trades, excited about all things web design and development
- You read front-end developer blogs and know what the JAM Stack is about
- You have a solid grasp of basic web technologies and are eager to learn more on the job
- You are known for being deeply and continuously collaborative
- Environments of ambiguity and change are your natural habitat: you get super excited by the prospect of rapid innovation and iteration--even when it blows up well made plans!
- No matter the resources available, you hold yourselves and others to high standards, consistently delivering high quality results and doing whatever is required to get the job done
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- Maintain the website and partner with key teams across the organization to make sure content is up-to-date and maintain and correct errors
- Become the primary power user of our CMS (Storyblok)
- Identify and help plan improvements and new UI solutions
- Present your website recommendations and be ready to support them
- Build strong relationships with internal and external content managers, editors, designers, developers, and other staff to ensure sites meet both client and school needs, align with the brand strategy, and meet Avenues Web standards.
- Make approved changes to the code base and ready for deployment
- Track, compile, and analyze web site usage data
- Deliver on web projects prioritized and assigned by the Marketing Systems Manager and relevant team
- Understanding of and experience with content management systems (what are some benefits / down-sides)
- UI / UX basics (sketching - wireframes - prototypes)
- A design-first sensibility
- Code management, JS frameworks (Angular / React) a huge +
- Design software (Sketch / Adobe XD) a huge +
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/). Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.