Shenzhen, China | Early Learning Center (Shenzhen)
Position: Science Teacher, Kindergarten (grades T-K, ages 2-5)
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: August 2022
WHY TEACH AT AVENUES?
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a truly global education, will open in Shenzhen in August 2019 and expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. Teacher teams collaborate to nurture their students' social, emotional and academic growth. Teachers share responsibility for curriculum and plan together daily. This intense collaboration is exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
Avenues students will graduate fluent in a second language and at ease beyond their borders. To this end, children in Avenues Shenzhen alternate between learning in English and in Mandarin Chinese.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
At Avenues, science in the primary grades begins with an exploratory lab in which students interact with a variety of materials and begin implementing the scientific method to learn about the world around them. Science teachers also work closely with class teachers and other specialists (like library, art and music teachers) to design interdisciplinary learning experiences. You will also:
- Develop and teach an inquiry-based science curriculum that engages all students
- Support all students’ maturation and development, targeting support to address individual needs
- Build a warm, supportive, respectful learning atmosphere
- Collaborate intensively and daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Inspire trust and confidence among parents and families
- Participate actively in ongoing, intensive professional learning
WHAT YOU BRING
- 2+ years of teaching experience with children ages 3-8; science teaching experience strongly preferred
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Deep dedication to learning and developing as an educator
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Professional fluency in English or Mandarin Chinese; if Chinese fluent, proficient in English
- Bachelor’s degree; relevant graduate degree highly preferred
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities, like a well-defined career pathway and chances to teach abroad
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.