Shenzhen, China | Shenzhen Campus
Position: Compliance Assistant
Location: Avenues Shenzhen, China
Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley. Think of Avenues: The World School as one independent school with many campuses around the globe that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and has graduated 4 classes of students to highly respected universities and colleges in the United States and around the world. Avenues São Paulo and the state of the art Avenues Shenzhen Learning Innovation Center opened in 2018, and the Avenues Shenzhen Kindergarten campus opened in 2019 for grades toddler - kindergarten. Our primary grades program in Shenzhen is anticipated to open in the fall of 2020.
Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
As a compliance assistant, you will:
Collaboration and Communication
- Receiving and maintaining bureau notices, including rest days.
- Assist with all departments regarding on compliance requests, and keeping track of and collecting data.
Reporting and Office Work
- Assist compliance office to completing various reporting tasks requited by the bureau, including daily and rest days.
- Assist with submitting all materials and take materials issued by the Bureau in time when conflicts happened.
Compliance Event Coordinate
- Assist with preparation of various materials for monthly, and annual inspections.
- Assist with receive bureau officers/visitors in a welcoming and efficient manner.
- Assist with partial assigned work/events from other school level including the Hos office
Who Are We Looking For? You will bring all of most of the following:
- Fluent in Chinese & English (written and spoken)
- Impeccable organizational skills and be an efficient multi-tasker
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and a go-getter drive
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work strategically and collaboratively across varying departments
- Prior experience in compliance is a major plus
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and openness to rolling up sleeves to get things accomplished – without fail!
- Ability to establish confidence with senior executives and to influence change.
- Proven problem solver who can make clear-headed decisions while under pressure
- Comfortable with technology (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Zoom, Outlook etc.)
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/zh/careers/open-roles. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Apply through the Careers section at https://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.