Shenzhen, China | People and Culture
Position: Payroll Benefit and System Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start date: ASAP
A top-tier school, already operating in New York and Sao Paulo and offering a truly global education, opened in Shenzhen in August 2019 and will expand to more leading global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology. Brilliant colleagues, with diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled opportunities for learning and career growth. There is no place quite like Avenues.
Avenues is seeking a Payroll and System Manager to handle payroll processing, benefits management, individual tax, and ERP system maintenance to join our People & Culture team in Shenzhen.
With a solid background and good working knowledge in those areas, you will join a talented group of professionals who support the organization in all People and Culture related areas. Your contribution would be mainly focused on ensuring the local and Expats payrolls are processed with accuracy and in a timely manner, ensuring and reviewing the benefit plans, managing individual income tax compliance, as well as maintaining the Workday and payroll modules from a configuration and integration perspective.
The ideal candidate is a team player who is able to foster relationships by working collaboratively within the People & Culture team as well as with the faculty team and other functional teams.
Labor contract and personnel files management:
- Ensure contract and personnel files are prepared, updated, and well managed
- Work together with Director of People&Culture, external partner related to labor law
- Manage all facets of payroll, (salary, consultancy, and labor services), and any on-demand payroll runs
- Manage compensation changes, benefit plan changes, onboarding and terminating employees, employees on leave, transferring employees across multiple locations within the organization, staff loans, as well as other related matters
- Communicate with campus stakeholders on matters related to activity pay
- Interact with Managers when necessary to ensure a proactive approach to solving payroll issues
- Regularly review and improve payroll process, involving Director of People & Culture, external partner, and internal stakeholders
- Act as the main contact of external payroll partner and manage the daily payroll performance
System and report management:
- Stay current with the applicable tax laws and coordinate with our payroll settlement and tax/reporting provider for any required updates to the Workday configuration
- Maintain data integrity of all payroll documentation including Workday support for timesheets and activity pay, reports, and registers as well as files provided through the integration with our payroll settlement provider or any other sources (tax authorities, etc…)
- Maintain Workday payroll modules as well as all related integrations, work closely with the Director of People and Culture on any changes and issues
- Monitor the Workday semi-annual updates/enhancements and analyze the related implications to our configuration (oversee the related configuration changes, testing, and implementation)
- Coordinate with Workday and the IT team and external partner to troubleshoot and resolve application issues
- Design and improve the talent-related report through Workday and integrated payroll systems
- Provide training to internal staff on any system-related processes and changes
- Ensuring the benefit plan has been deployed accurately and also been reviewed annually, including health checkup, insurance plan, language learning, etc.
- Annually review benefit plan to reflect cost-effectiveness and also competitiveness, e.g. housing allowance
Make sure people compliance
- Coordinate the requirement and process for all staff’s medical check
- Coordinate the teacher certificate requirement with the education team and operations team
- Coordinate the nursery certificate requirement with the operations team and education team
- Support compliance work
Individual Income Tax Expertise:
- Proactively study tax-related policy, process, and be the internal expert for individual income tax, make sure compliance with tax regulations
- Keep the P&C team posted on the latest regulations and provide suggestions
- Work as the main member for any projects related to individual income tax
Other projects support(project-based)
- HR background supplemented by solid payroll, IIT knowledge, and experiences
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, deliver accuracy
- Strong learning, self-reflection skills, and drive for excellence
- Hands-on experience or a quick learner with Workday ERP system
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Good communication both in Chinese and English
WHAT YOU’LL RECEIVE
- The thrill of a start-up, in an organization with a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- The chance to impact education by demonstrating what's possible
- Competitive compensation and greater rewards for growing your impact
- A beautiful and uplifting school environment
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.