Shenzhen, China | Early Learning Center (Shenzhen)
Position: Operations Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
Start Date: ASAP
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program for students from 2 to 6 years old, with plans to expand to serve students through 12th grade in coming years. Suffused with natural light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating educational technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. Avenues Shenzhen is led by a growing, world-class team of passionate and experienced educators, including faculty and administrators from Avenues New York. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art early childhood facility.
The Operations Manager ensures that all operational aspects of the Secondary Division of Avenues Shenzhen function smoothly and efficiently. S/he nurtures an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and continually improving the experience of teachers and families. This role ensures that everything just works well. This is a unique opportunity for someone who is beginning the career in operations and is looking to grow with a rapidly scaling organization.
Lead school operations
- Ensure the division is fully operational at the beginning of the school year and that all needs are met throughout the school year.
- Ensure that division systems are consistent, user-friendly and efficient.
- Develop and manage organizational systems for a wide range of campus activities.
- Provide project management support to the division leadership.
- Key areas of ownership include arrival & dismissal, student list, purchasing, financial stewardship, facilities, and transportation.
- Builds strong relationships with the campus wide services team to ensure that all functions that work with the division (nursing, food service, extensions, security and facilities) result in high levels of stakeholder satisfaction.
- 2-8 years of professional experience, with 2+ years experience in operations or teaching;
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion and influence
- Track record of both developing strategies to meet goals and executing effectively on that strategy; great planner with excellent follow through
- A keen analytical, problem-solving approach, including in ambiguous situations that require figuring out new solutions rather than taking predetermined paths to success
- Professional proficiency in English and Mandarin，Strong written and verbal communication
- Rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- A keen eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Passion for education; experience in high quality schools is a major plus
Apply through this https://www.avenues.org/careers/. Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.