New York, New York
Chief of Staff
Location: NY/Tri-state Area
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues: The World School is excited to announce the opportunity for a seasoned leader to support the global efforts of the Chief Operating Officer by serving as the human and operational glue that ensures complex projects across the organization (including but not limited to Technology, Marketing, Admissions, Creative) are realized and prioritized against Avenues latest commitments and strategy.
This is an incredible opportunity to work closely with the leadership team of a high functioning, mission-driven organization in support of critical cross functional strategy and initiatives including --but not limited to--launching new campuses around the world. Successful candidates for the role will have experience managing and leading the planning of ambitious projects across functions and with a diverse set of stakeholders. They will also have excellent judgement and impeccable communication skills, giving them the ability to influence and partner effectively with senior leadership.
- You are known for being deeply and continuously collaborative
- You bring clarity to complexity, communicating effectively across mediums and to a variety of audiences
- You productively and authentically build relationships across geographies, personalities and functions
- You are humble and curious about what you don’t yet know
- You are supremely organized and a consummate planner: breaking down complex projects into workstreams, deliverables and contingencies to help the work to get done efficiently
- You are good at building right sized systems and processes that enable vs. entangle
- You get satisfaction from (and are excellent at) enabling the work of teams and senior leaders and are perfectly happy to lead from behind the scenes
- Ideally you’ve worked in a matrixed and or/high growth start-up environment to achieve highly ambitious goals
- Environments of ambiguity and change are your natural habitat: you get super excited by the prospect of rapid innovation and iteration--even when it blows up well made plans!
- No matter the resources available, you hold yourselves and others to high standards, consistently delivering high quality results and doing whatever is required to get the job done
- Our mission energizes and inspires you
- Manage key programs across the portfolio related to new initiatives and/or campus launch
- Drive the project approval process, supporting the COO in these efforts
- Maintain and monitor the project portfolio for assigned functional and strategic academic projects
- Establish, share and implement best practices, standards, tools and metrics for project delivery
- Share prioritization outcomes with broader teams and campuses
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the COO in real time
What We Offer
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple campuses around the world
- The thrill of a start-up and a green field to build things from scratch, all within an organization with global resources and supports, and a proven track record of results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/). Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.