New York, NY, United States
Upper Division (New York)
Position: Part-Time School Counselor/Psychologist, Upper Division (Grades 6-8)
Location: New York, NY
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Avenues: The World Schoolis a top-tier school in New York City, offering a truly global education, that will expand to some of the world’s leading cities in the next few years. Teaching and learning happens through dual language immersion and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity and collaboration, along with state-of-the-art technology, pervade the school. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, create a unique educational experience together.
DEEP COLLABORATION, CONSTANT EVOLUTION
Collaboration here isn't a buzzword: it's woven into everything we do. This role joins the student success team, which works closely with faculty, administrators and families to support our students' learning and emotional health. This intense collaboration is challenging as well as exciting: we're always evolving, learning from each other and seeking to improve.
As a member of Student Success Team, you will:
- Provide a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for all students to thrive and feel known and cared for;
- Provide 1-1 or small group social-emotional support to students with identified social-emotional needs;
- Collaborate with teachers, learning specialists, deans, outside providers, students, and families to develop appropriate and effective learning plans to meet the individual needs of each student;
- Work with teachers, learning specialists, and deans to develop and deliver appropriate interventions to support needs that are identified as being common to a larger group of students;
- Be an effective communicator using data and objective measures when talking to faculty and parents;
- Be an exemplary learner, always reflecting, growing and seeking to improve.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Guidance Counseling or related fiel
- Professional experience in a school or similar setting preferred; experience working with adolescents required
- Deep expertise in mental health and development of adolescence
- Very strong clinical skills, to identify, evaluate and provide services to students with a range of mental and emotional health needs
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of continuous learning and growth;
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the success of students and teachers
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website with your resume and a thoughtful cover letter: https://www.avenues.org/careers/.
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top