New York, New York, United States
Senior Systems Analyst
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining a global curriculum based on language immersion and interdisciplinary learning with a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The Senior Systems Analyst will manage and maintain academic and enrollment systems across all campuses. The role will ensure that these systems are consistent with global standards, but in-line with local market needs with an eye on the user experience. The senior systems analyst will work closely within the global Information Systems & Technology team and campus teams to deliver on new projects and systems to improve Avenues operations. Responsibilities include supporting existing data and systems operations to integrating new functionality as part of ongoing upgrades. S/he will also analyze and document organizational processes in order to define problems and determine solutions to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
The Information Systems & Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education, operation, and technology. With the advantages of modern technology and a highly-talented global team, they share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
Avenues New York launched in 2012 and currently serves ~1,700 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus in São Paulo opened in August 2018 and Avenues Shenzhen in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute to the areas identified below:
- Lead and execute systems projects across local and global academic and enrollment system implementations. This includes system integrations, administration, change management and security.
- Document and manage recurring procedures, project plans and process maps related to academic and administrative systems.
- Partner with leadership and local and global stakeholders to identify project scope, project objectives, project success criteria and project deliverables.
- Administer Academic and related systems that includes configuration, process builder design, workflow creation, reporting, troubleshooting, documentation and testing.
- Develop and initiate extensive internal end-user training on school/business processes, procedures, system functionality and configuration.
- Serve as subject matter expert for academic and enrollment systems.
- Understand, communicate, and document existing academic and enrollment systems product functionality.
- Performs other related functions as assigned or required.
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Must possess exceptional analytical skills in order to properly interpret business needs and translate into functional requirements.
- Proficiency in developing and presenting, both verbally and in writing, technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases.
- Project Management experience preferred.
- Experience on large-scale system integrations in a K-12 environment strongly desired
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis, operations or equivalent experience.
- Excellent knowledge of school systems solutions (i.e., Salesforce, Veracross, Canvas, School Admin) a plus.
- An effective team player, able to facilitate, build consensus, mentor and train virtual team.
- Critical eye for detail/data errors.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to lead meetings and walk through updates with the organization.
- Strong vendor management background including reviewing and editing SOW and price/timeline negotiation.
- Intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth.
Learn more about Avenues on our website (www.avenues.org/) and LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/avenues-the-world-school/).
Then apply through the Careers section of our website at http://www.avenues.org/careers/. Include a thoughtful cover letter, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues New York would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top