New York, New York, United States
Operations Manager of Extended Learning
New York, New York
WHY WORK AT AVENUES?
Think of Avenues as one independent school with campuses that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves 1,650 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018, and Avenues Shenzhen opened in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Avenues is seeking an Operations Manager of Extended Learning to join us on the New York Campus. The Operations Manager will develop and execute operational processes that will enable flawless operational support in Avenue’s exceptional extended learning programs and experiences. She/he will be a primary partner to the Director of Extended Learning and will work collaboratively with many other New York campus leaders. The Operations Manager of Extended Learning’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build tools, training, and program processes to deliver exceptional operational program support, culminating in the execution of the first Extended Learning Playbook
- Design, execute and iterate on key projects, including creating first data dashboard for continual improvement of our program operations
- Apply experience design methods to improve the family and student experience
- Build and nurture an operations culture that is relentlessly focused on high quality service and improving the experience of students and families
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 2+ years of experience and proven track record in executing high quality program operations, processes and systems. Experience in schools is a major plus.
- Experience managing business functions in support of a school or program, including at least some of: finances, payroll, enrollment management, marketing, facilities, attendance, safety and security.
- Tech-savvy, with experience implementing technology tools and systems to improve and simplify workflows and processes for colleagues. Strong Excel skills required.
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success; rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Very organized and a strong project manager
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
To learn more and apply, visit the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top