New York, New York, United States
Director of Extended Learning
New York, New York
Think of Avenues as one independent school with campuses that are interdependent and intentionally connected. It will not be a collection of different schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common mission, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues New York opened in 2012 and currently serves 1,650 students in grades Nursery – 12. Our second campus, in São Paulo, opened in August 2018, and Avenues Shenzhen opened in 2019. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the modern world, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking a Director of Extended Learning to join us on the New York Campus. The Director of Extended Learning will develop a portfolio of experiences and extended learning programs that are truly exceptional. She/he will lead and manage a team of full-time and part-time staff who challenge students to uncover their passions, take risks, and develop the skills that will enable them to become architects of lives that transcend the ordinary.
The Director of Extended Learning’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Set the strategic vision for extended learning programming
- Cast and execute a vision for excellence for our extended learning programs
- Program quality and innovation
- Build the tools and systems of supports to assess, improve and deliver innovative programming for students
- Write and execute the extended learning program and operational playbook
- Coach, train and develop the extended learning team to enable exceptional program quality
- Build a high performing, cohesive team
- Build, hire, onboard, develop and lead an outstanding team of full-time and part-time staff
- Design and execute a talent strategy that positions extended learning instructors to be ready to move into full-time teaching and leadership opportunities
- Safety and risk management
- Ensure program delivery embodies best-in-class safety procedures
- Asses and proactively mitigate potential risks of running programs both onsite and offsite
- Financial stewardship
- Lead the financial planning and management of programmatic budget
- Grow annual enrollment and revenue
- Proven track record of developing and executing the highest quality programming for students and a superlative experience for families
- Experience leading, inspiring and managing a team a cohesive team
- Insanely organized in systems and personal organization; strong project manager
- Previous experience managing a large budget for a program or business
- Ability to lead effectively through relationships, persuasion, and influence
- Track record of building effective teams and managing them to results
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Thrives in a collaborative environment
- Rolls up sleeves to get the job done and gets the right work done even amidst ambiguity
- Can move fast while juggling a lot
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education; experience in international and/or private schools is a major plus
To learn more and apply, visit the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/).
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top