San Jose, California, United States
IT Support Specialist
at Avenues: The World School (View all jobs)
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for the implementation and support of technology infrastructure including hardware, software, and office/classroom systems. The IT Support Specialist must effectively diagnose issues and correct problems as well as provide the primary help desk support to end users with exceptional customer service. In addition, this role will be responsible for the development and coordination of defined technical projects within their assigned expertise.
The Information Technology team is comprised of outstanding professionals at the intersection of education and technology. We employ highly talented technical staff, technology integrators and librarians to provide students, faculty and families with high-quality technical support, information literacy, and leadership. With the advantages of modern technology and global team, we share a common goal to support the Avenues vision to eventually bring together 35,000 students and 3,000+ faculty members through a number of traditional and virtual modalities.
A top-tier school from New York City, offering a truly global education, opened in São Paulo in August 2018 and expanding to other global cities in coming years. Teaching and learning through language immersion in English and challenging interdisciplinary projects. A culture of creativity, entrepreneurship and deep collaboration. State-of-the-art technology throughout. Brilliant colleagues, with widely diverse experience, creating a unique educational experience together. Unparalleled possibilities for professional learning and development prospects around the globe. There is no place quite like Avenues.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following ways:
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to technical difficulties with hardware, software and network, including telecom, conferencing and AV systems.
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot workstations and other IT equipment.
- Track, prioritize and document requests using an IT support request system. Perform support actions and follow up solution with the customer.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation of hardware, software and systems.
- Conduct research on computer products in support of procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend resources and solutions for purchase.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform equipment and system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future technology needs.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware, software and network contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- When necessary, work with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Assist with onboarding procedures.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned
- Classroom technology maintenance/support
- Apple Suite
- Google Suite
- Cloud-based services
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Printer maintenance
- VoIP telecommunication equipment
- Systems account management
At Avenues, we place a high priority on hiring individuals who are:
- Collaborative – Works well in a highly collaborative environment; is humble, respectful of others, and a good communicator
- Accountable – Delivers high quality and accurate results; displays a high level of ownership; can be counted on to deliver on commitments
- Resourceful – Highly effective and disciplined in achieving goals; shows initiative and good judgment
- Adaptive – Comfortable with ambiguity and change; able to set priorities in a changing environment; flexible and open to new ideas
- Courageous – Willing to speak your mind and make tough decisions; passionate about our work and our mission
- Committed to learning – Committed to personal growth, as well as to helping your colleagues and the organization improve
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- Apple Technical Certification is preferred: Mac OS Service and Mac OS Troubleshooting
- 1-3 years in similar role
- Familiarity and/or willing to learn – VoIP telecommunications
- Energized by Avenues’ mission and opportunity for impact in education
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to manage and ensure the completion of multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. This will include maintaining appropriate priorities as needed
- Burning intellectual curiosity and mindset of continuous learning and growth
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong initiative, and aptitude to make recommendations to management to enhance current environment as needed
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website (http://www.avenues.org/en/careers/). Make sure to include a thoughtful cover letter in your application.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
back to top